Sunday, April 26, 2009

God has a sense of humor!

As most of you know I have had an anxiety about making friends, and if you dont you do now. So at church today we started a new series called Good to Great. So today was about friends. What a better time than now right. Well he asked how many of us had good friends and great friends and I know that I have good friends but didn't quite know what he ment by great friends. Needless to say I have only ever had 2 great friends in my life my sister and Sara.. As the sermon went on I felt sadden because the once great friend I had is now just a good friend I want to be her to be a great friend and I want to be her great friend but time zones and life seem to seperate us. So this is what he said:
1. Good friends reveal some things, great friends are transparent to each other. - "Confess to one another therefore your faults, your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins and pray also for one another, that you may be healed and restored to a spiritual tone of mind and heart. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available."-James 5:16 AMP
2. Good friends hope for the best, great friends offer correction.
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." -Proverbs 27:17 NIV
-We alll know that sharpening iron isn't an easy process and correcting a friend when they are doing something wrong isn't an easy process either.
"All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."-Timothy 3:16 NIV
3. Good friends love each other, great friends love each other sacrificially.
"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." -John 15:12-13
-Great friends are always there no matter what if its 2am or 3pm.
-Sacrificially means when we love our friends it may cost us something.

The reason I share this with all of you is because wow I didnt realize the difference between good friends and great friends. I look forward to turning good friends into great friends only if they are willing of course. We are able to move forward as god driven children when we have great friends that keep us accountable for our actions and are there for us in the deepest times of need. ...
When is the last time you corrected a friend knowing that you could lose their friendship? I can tell you this.. I haven't done it in a very long time.. Other than my sister and I'm more brave towards here than some of my friends. Well thats the update with me.

Baby McFadden is doing well. I'm starting to get cramps in my lower abdominal which is a good sign I suppose.. We go back to the doctor on 6 May if he hasn't came by then which I think I will have to experience a whole lot more cramps and discomfort first. Jeff is due back on Friday but he said he should be home on Tuesday. Praise God. Isn't he an awesome God. How he just seems to show me more about myself daily.

God Bless I love you gals.

Kattie

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I wanted very badly to correct a friend once but never did. I thought over and over about just telling her that I didn't approve of the relationship she was in and letting the chips fall where they may. I never did. I am sure I probably should have, but since then she broke up with the guy and I did tell her that I was really proud of her and she was so much better off without him. Maybe too little too late, but still.